Off-roading is a great experience and can be fun for everyone involved. However, even the most experienced drivers should brush up on beginner’s tips. Here are some Off-Road Driving Tip for every level.
- Learn your vehicle inside and out. Know the vehicles height and width, understand your minimum ground clearance, and know your four-way drive system
- Never go alone – safety is always first and even a short trip can be costly
- Make sure your vehicle is prepared before departing
- Keep a relaxed and upright driving position with a loose grip
- Contact between your right foot and gearbox tunnel to help increase throttle control
- Understand your vehicle’s suspension and wheel travel
- Know your “approach angle”, “break-over”, and “departure angle.” These will help you negotiate obstacles with out damaging your vehicle
- Check the area and be aware of changing weather conditions
It is always important to fresh up on the basic. Check out more tips and learn more check out Skills 101 – Off-road driving techniques.