Vision is your primary source of information collection, and an individual’s driving technique can be enhanced by a special eye-technique that we call “Ocular Driving”.
At BSR, Ocular Driving is when a driver focuses their attention on a positive goal such as an escape route, rather than a problem such as a tree or another vehicle. This prevents the driver from focusing on the object they wish to avoid and instinctively steering towards it. Without proper training, individuals may find themselves in dangerous situations that they don’t know how to navigate.
The good news is, BSR offers Accident Avoidance training for drivers of all skill levels. Training includes:
- “Swerve to avoid” maneuvers at highway speeds
- Ocular driving techniques (focus your attention on a positive goal such as an escape route, rather than a problem such as a tree or another vehicle)
- Understanding vehicle dynamics and feedback
- Skid control and recovery practice on a dedicated skid pad and on a slalom course
- Threshold braking on straights and progressive braking on curves
- Off-road recovery
Trained, BSR’s AA graduates will have the opportunity to respond instantaneously and more positively to any driving emergency. So what are you waiting for? Sign yourself (or your children) up for AA training today!