Continuing on with our discussing of proper safety and storage for your guns, we wanted to touch base on the latest trends in the gun safe industry. (See previous blog here on Vehicle Based Safes) In the last year it has become more popular than ever to have hidden gun storage solutions that can be integrated into our every day lives. Traditionally, we have been adapt to seeing the “typical” gun safe in a home. These fall in line with the tall, boxy safes made of metals or wood with a secure locking system. It’s very obvious what it is and it serves the purpose by safely securing any of your weapons. However, if you are looking for new, more creative solutions to storing your guns, just about any piece of furniture can be converted into a proper safe. There are multiple reasons for this increase in popularity. Some like the “excitement” of hidden features disguised throughout their home, some like the security of knowing their personal stock isn’t ready visible to peering eyes, some families feel more at ease knowing any weapons aren discreetly hidden from children or visitors for comfort level. Whatever the reason may be, these new solutions are proving to be effective yet functional and visually appealing depending on your style.
The important items to note are:
- Is the item you are using as a safe truly secure?
- Does is have a proper locking system, prevent easy or accidental access to someone not knowing it’s there?
- Will it store the gun appropriately, secure, not allowing it to move around?
- Will it continue to function after multiple uses? Ensure it’s a stable piece that won’t crumble over time.
- Is it moisture blocking to prevent any moisture getting to your gun(s)?
We recently read through a few articles covering the topic and they share some pretty interesting designs that are cool and practical!
Check them out: