During firearm training, there are several simple and often unfamiliar concepts about firearms that shooters don’t know or understand. 9 Things New Shooters (and Concealed Carry Permit Holders) Need to Know About Training, The Shooters Log discusses theses ideas for training and what students should know about it. Below are the nine tips discussed in the article.
- Sometime you get what you pay for. Free isn’t always good.
- Not everything you see on the internet is true, valid or should be the focus of your efforts.
- The majority of your training should be focused on shooting better.
- Educate yourself across several sources BEFORE you spend your money on guns and gear.
- Never, ever fight your gear.
- Train with an expert early in your development, and at least once per year.
- Practice sessions should ALWAYS be approached with a purpose.
- To continue improvement, you must measure your skills.
- Keep a shooting Logbook.
To learn more about these tips, check out the article here.