Let’s talk about 5 tactical driving tips for the everyday civilian. One course we offer is our Evasive Driving course. This course is designed for those individuals who are vulnerable and under the threat of a terrorist or organized criminal attack while in transit. While not necessarily for the everyday civilian there are tips and knowledge that can be gained from the insights during this course. The training emphasizes the proactive approach to protection. Much like the items covered in the article from www.itstactical.com there are a few tips that you should keep in mind every time you enter your vehicle. These tips are for everyday civilians and should be noted:
- “If you’re the Driver, You’re the driver. As the driver, your job is to assess the situations you’re coming up on, make decisions, stay in control of the vehicle and get to where you’re going in one piece.”
- “Keep Moving – Put the windows up, lock the doors and don’t stop; it’s that simple.”
- “Leave Enough Room – Anytime you have to stop, always allow enough room in front of your vehicle to move expediently forward.”
- “If you can’t move Forward, Move Back – Always be prepared to reverse at speed and practice a few simple backing exercises with different vehicles.”
- “Leave Hollywood to the Stuntmen – Can you do forward and reverse 180’s? Great! We love this kind of tactical driving too and still it as part of our training, but operationally, the chances of you making the informed decision to use a 180 spin should be tiny.”
As a civilian we hope you don’t have to consider any of these tactics while driving, but they can be applied to unexpected situations. Road rage, accidents, another driving losing control; there are many possibilities in the everyday travel that could relate in an escalated incident. Your involvement could potentially be avoided if you are more aware of your vehicle, your position or situation and the outs at all times.
If you are interested in more training on a professional level, our Evasive Driving Training is designed to improve the car control skills of licensed drivers at any experience level. Students will learn what a car is capable of and most importantly, their own limits. We will emphasize the importance of being mentally prepared in order to be able to react. The training is brought together through realistic situational exercises where the student comes under different types of attacks and is challenged to react.
You can also check out our Accident Avoidance Training