What should you do and say if you’re involved in a self defense shooting? Massad Ayoob, an internationally known firearms and self-defense instructor, shares 5-points to cover when the police arrive.
1. Point out the perpetrator to the police.
2. Tell the police, “I will sign the complaint”
3. Point out the evidence. Evidence being handgun, spent casing, knife, deadly object.
4. Point out witnesses to police. i.e. security cameras, people, etc.
5. State, “Officer you will have my full cooperation in 24 hrs, after speaking with my Attorney”
Write/type this list up on an index card, laminate it, and keep it in your wallet/purse. You can watch the full interview below: